GPS V and Airports using mapselect

kb9nvh

I'm an X pilot and sold my airmap 100 for a new gps V. I assumed that airport "locations" would at least be on the maps. Actually, I live in Bloomington, IN and it appears that the airport there appears on the basemap but when I load my mapselect for the area the airport info dissapears. I suppose I can go in and put user waypoints at all the airport locations that are missing but I hoped I wouldnt' have to.

Anyone else have this problem?

Todd

With Mapsource City Select loaded on your GPS V, press FIND button, then select Points of Interest. Select Nearest, then Select Transportation. Scroll down and select Air Transportation. It will Generate a list of airports, and you can view them.

Also you can go to the satellite Status Page and while in Indoor Mode, you can select a new location, and repeat the above information.

Thats exactly what I did...its not there.

This is a Class D towered airport. I should be listed I would think.

The base map has Monroe county airport on it..but when you load mapsource cityselect, that one dissapears and there is no airport there to take its place. Maybe someone else can try this. Load the map for Bloomington, IN and then try to find monroe county airport or BMG as its listed by the FAA.

Its just not there???

Also, a little town called "freedom" indiana changes its name to "brayton" as you zoom in. Not sure whats up with that either.

Todd Snyder

Garmin says that the braysville thing is a mistake on the map.

And they also said that my airport (a pretty big one) is not included on the city select map but is on the basemap. Oh well, I bought this gps for driving not flying...guess I'll have to put in my own waypoints for the airports I'm interested in. By the way. Lowrance repair service is GREAT. I sent in my airmap for a repair ($75 flat rate). They sent back what appears to be a NEW unit with a NEW Jeppesen database (a $75 value). In effect the repair was free just for the price of a new database.

See my airmap for sale on ebay at

Ebay airmap 100

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3019326860&ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:US:1