I think I got BIT on ebay.

Specks

I purchased a garmin 45XL about 2 weeks ago. I had a 45 in the latter 90s that was stolen along with my truck. The 45 was great, in the bays, for winding around cuts and turns when it was foggy and visibility was next to nothing.

The 45 would leave a bread crumb trail on the moving map page, with curves, S turns, ect logged out. You could just follow them back to where you started. This was with the "Page/Tracklog/criteria/auto or time interval" set.

The 45XL does not leave this track on the map page,(it leaves about 5 pixels then they disappear , it leaves 5 more and they disappear) there is no track on the map page.

However when I use the "backtrack" feature they are there(but not how I traveled) there are about 30 temp. waypoints with legs, the tracklog is a straightline from one waypoint to the next.

If I'm running in a 50'wide channel that twist and turns through shallow water, I run aground following this track.

Also the thing takes 18mins. in the morning to initialize, I've used it every day

Hopfully someone with a 45XL can tell me if this is normal for this unit or not.

Thanks

Specks

I have tried setting this feature on this 45XL (250 to 768). The points are stored in memory,and overwritten after the assigned # of points have been used, but only show up on the "Trackback page" they are not displayed in real time on the "Moving Map Page".

I'm not sure they are even suppost to, however on page 12 of the manual the map page shows them being made as you move.

My old 45 use to do this.

Specks