How do I get the tracks to show up on USAphotomaps?

Guest phantom4099

Guest phantom4099

I have the merigold I also have the latest version of the USAphotomaps. I don't know but do I need to download trackextract27? I downloaded this but I think my copy of excel is probaly to old (at least is sayes the format is invalid).

Am I missing something else?

Wyatt W.

Guest phantom4099

I have tried but the tracks never show up, I can get the way points too. I use NEMA V2.1GSA and a baud rat of 4800. I will try the other NEMA version and see if it works.

Wyatt

The documentation says that you can only download waypoints and tracks using the Garmin protocol. The NMEA support is for real time tracking.

If you are using a Garmin unit then simply

Under the GPS menu

Set the correct com port

Set the protocol to Garmin

Set you GPS to Garmin

Then chose GPS/Track/Receive

After the track downloads you will need to pick GPS/Track/start showing.

I have notice that some time it still does not show the tracks. Usually if you zoom in and out once it will show up. Also this happens after you tell it to fill the screen with the satellite image. Again zoom in and out to fix. One other thing make sure you actually have the map center near your tracks or you won't see it even zoomed all the way out.

Hope this helped.

mcb

Version 1.54 of USAPhotoMaps fixed the track downloading bug (and version 1.55 fixed a possible Garmin bug). Let me know if this doesn't seem to be the case for you...

P.S. The latest Advanced Help covers the possible Windows XP problem when trying to download photos...

Oh, you mention the numbers in the middle of the screen (which were added in version 1.54). Well, check that there's a Tracks.dta file in the USAPhotoMaps directory. And if there is, you could download ReadTracks.exe from jmdcox.com and view the tracks data with Notepad to see their UTM locations (just to be sure you're looking in the right place)...

I'm trying to use USAPHOTOMAPS with the Lowrance globalmap 100. I can get it to show my current location. But I can't get it to download tracks or waypoints. Any Ideas? I'd be willing to download this data to the IMS or mapcreate and convert it, or even cut and paste if necessary. I like the program and would like to get my tracks. If forced I could manually type in the waypoints (would rather download though.

Could it be as simple as not the correct baud, or other settings? icon_razz.gif

I'm trying to use USAPHOTOMAPS with the Lowrance globalmap 100. I can get it to show my current location. But I can't get it to download tracks or waypoints. Any Ideas? I'd be willing to download this data to the IMS or mapcreate and convert it, or even cut and paste if necessary. I like the program and would like to get my tracks. If forced I could manually type in the waypoints (would rather download though.

Could it be as simple as not the correct baud, or other settings? icon_razz.gif