User satisfaction

And it's a fabulous piece of equipment. I'd say for the question of durability you can't go wrong with one of these.

-KRMarlo

Never hold back your step for a moment...

Never doubt that your courage will grow...

Hold your head even higher, and Into the Fire we go!

I started off with Magellan...

1. GPS 315

2. MAP 330 w/MapSend

Then tried the eMap with MapSource...

3. eMap #1

4. eMap #2

5. eTrex Vista

Went back and tried Magellan...

6. Magellan Meridian Gold

Saw a GPS V and fell in love...

7. GPS V

8. GPSMAP 76S

The units I use the most are the GPS V, GPSMAP 76S and the Vista. The Magellans are good but I quite simply like the Garmins better. icon_biggrin.gif

I started off with Magellan...

1. GPS 315

2. MAP 330 w/MapSend

Then tried the eMap with MapSource...

3. eMap #1

4. eMap #2

5. eTrex Vista

Went back and tried Magellan...

6. Magellan Meridian Gold

Saw a GPS V and fell in love...

7. GPS V

8. GPSMAP 76S

The units I use the most are the GPS V, GPSMAP 76S and the Vista. The Magellans are good but I quite simply like the Garmins better. icon_biggrin.gif

Had an eTrex Vista. Liked it for its size, great screen resolution, rugged case, and accuracy. Was annoyed by the small screen, and sometimes the jog stick had to be pressed often to get the correct menu or icon.

Now own a Mag Meridian Marine. Love it! Wish it had a lanyard attachment. But screen is large, buttons better than jog stick. It floats (Vista did not), and screen resolution (although not as good as Vista) is quite adequate.

And... I sure do miss the Blue Chart software I used for the Vista.

And I am extremely happy with it.

For use in the Desert, and in the surrounding mountains, it is the handiest unit, with all the features I could want.

To tell the truth, the E-TREX yellow was good enough. The real reason I upgraded to the VENTURE was that tracks in the yellow are limited to 125 legs, while tracks in the VENTURE are limited to 250 legs. It makes a difference when uploading tracks to the unit. (Actually, I stagger more than hike) *grin*

The WAAS feature is of limited use here. It gives me a 1-2 foot indrease in accuracy, but much of the time the WAAS satellites are out of view in the canyons. So I leave it turned off.

Mike. KD9KC.

El Paso, Texas.

Seventeen minutes after her FIRST call for help, police officers arrived to find Ronyale White dead.

Prohibiting self defense is the ultimate crime. Police carry guns to protect themselves. What protects YOU ???

I love my eMap. It works well under my terrain conditions, fits in my pocket when I need both hands, has a decent basemap, takes the MapSource uploads, and was reasonably priced! icon_biggrin.gif

--

Children today are tyrants. They contradict their parents, gobble their food, and tyrannize their teachers. - Socrates

I love my eMap. It works well under my terrain conditions, fits in my pocket when I need both hands, has a decent basemap, takes the MapSource uploads, and was reasonably priced! icon_biggrin.gif

--

Children today are tyrants. They contradict their parents, gobble their food, and tyrannize their teachers. - Socrates