Magellan 300 hidden screen

Guest tue

I have just noticed what might be an undocumented screen on the Magellan 300 GPS: When viewing the sattelite status screen, try pushing "enter" 5 times quickly after each other. Now, some strange information is displayed - does anybody have a hint on what this might be (maybe some detailed info about the sattelites that are being tracked?)

Guest MTBguy

Thats very interesting. Have no idea what it is. Also, there is more than one hidden screen. While you are turning it on, when it displays "Maggellan GPS 300" try pressing and hold different buttons.

------------------

The Mountain Bike Guy

I found the hidden screens within ten minutes of powering it on the first time. Upon phoning Magellan and inquiring what these screens were, they said it was a hidden function for technicians to diagnose problems and also mentioned that I could mess up my unit by mucking with it (frankly, I don't believe I could mess it up, but I'm bold like that). There are many screens, all with data that seems to be obtained from the satellites, but I'm uncertain of the true orgin of the data, or its meaning.

As for holding down buttons while powering on, I'll have to try that.