eTrex Venture and TopoUSA ver 2.0

Sabby

I am just trying to read waypoints and tracks from the Venture and will want to load waypoints to it. As I understand it it does not have the capability of actual maps, only the built in city database. I can aslo get a disk from GARMIN that has additional data such as restaurants, hotels, gas stations, etc. I dont feel i need these.

Sabby,

You need to have your garmin's interface setting on "garmin", and in TOPO on the GPS tab,click edit device, set the interface to "garmin/garmin". Set the com port to 1 or whatever port# your serial port is on. Settings should be 9600,8,N,1. Click done. Check the box to auto detect GPS. These work for my GPSIII+.

Good luck. Marc

If you are still having trouble with the connection, try the Netlink tab/Topo USA Add-Ons button. I seem to remember that one of the add-ons was for GPS communication improvement (but I'm not certain...once you download it, it no longer shows up on the DeLorme web page).

max

Just visiting this planet

Marc

This was a big help, I was using the wrong settings, but it still didn't work

Embra

Thanks also. I was able to access the DeLorme web site and down load a fix, which when combined with Marc's information got things going. I still need to learn how to download just one of the saved tracks but am on my way.

Thanks again for the help