New use for an eTrex yellow

I was watching an episode of Stargate SG1 last night. In it, one of the scientists (Daniel Jackson) was scanning some artifacts looking for something. In his hand was a Garmin eTrex yellow, beeping away like it was a tricorder or something. Come on prop-guys, you can do better than that. icon_wink.gif

• Upvote 1

...is only lame to the people who recognize it for what it is. If the item is reasonably uncommon (as handheld GPSrs still are to the vast majority of people), it 'works' in the eyes of the project's production staff.

Do you remember the 'blasters' used by the white-armoured Imperial Storm Troopers in the first StarWars films? They were actually thinly disguised 9mm Sterling sub-machine guns ...the very same that I carried as a personal weapon during a '78 tour of UN peacekeeping duty in southern Lebanon (...less the light beam and 'SQREEEE!!!' sound when it was fired [but dadgum, that would have been cool!]).

ontario1.gif

On 3/11/2003 at 5:53 AM, Bzzliteyr said:

And if you look carefully, in the opening sequence of Star Wars, there are actual blank rounds littering the floor.. they apprearently used them to coord the "laser" fire with the reactions.. to make it more realistic!!

Bzz

I wonder why a weapon that fires a beam of light would recoil.

On 3/5/2003 at 3:36 AM, Cache Canucks said:

...is only lame to the people who recognize it for what it is. If the item is reasonably uncommon (as handheld GPSrs still are to the vast majority of people), it 'works' in the eyes of the project's production staff.

Do you remember the 'blasters' used by the white-armoured Imperial Storm Troopers in the first StarWars films? They were actually thinly disguised 9mm Sterling sub-machine guns ...the very same that I carried as a personal weapon during a '78 tour of UN peacekeeping duty in southern Lebanon (...less the light beam and 'SQREEEE!!!' sound when it was fired [but dadgum, that would have been cool!]).

I remember those too.... cock, cant, look......

DD

On 3/5/2003 at 3:36 AM, Cache Canucks said:

ontario1.gif