Isn't metroguide v4.01 the most recent?

I couldn't find any info about version numbers at garmin's MetroGuide USA webpage (??? looking in the wrong places, I guess). I've found some not-so-old posts here that make it sound like 4.01 is the newest version.

But...I'm seeing some "4.03" versions of metroguide USA listed at ebay. Are these just typos? And if 4.03 is the newest, how old is 4.01?

Thanks...

I have a question about versioning as well. I am about to buy a Vista from Amazon (cause w/ the Amozon-only $50 rebate it's cheaper than anywhere else). I was going to get the MetroGuide USA CD from them as well (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00004VX3J/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_sc_1/102-5764306-6367350). There is a $50 Garmin rebate if both are purchased at the same time.

My concern is that the version on Amazon won't be the latest. From what I gather, the product has been recently updated, as it states on Garmin's site as well as on offroute.com. I'm referring to the maps themselves, not the software which you can update for free from garmin. I see nothing on Amazon stating it's recently updated in the description, nor a way to even find out what version it is. The product images on the 3 mentioned sites are all different, so I don't know what to do. I don't want to spend the money and find out it's an old version that I can't upgrade.

So, my question is this... does anyone have an idea of whether or not Amazon is currently selling the recent version? How long ago was it released?

--Jeff

I think I misunderstood something. I got an e-mail from Garmin saying that Metroguide was last updated last Fall (to map version 4.x). I remember reading a post on here that they had just come out with a new one. Perhaps it was an old post, as I am new here and have looked through the archives.

In any case, sounds like it's safe to assume that anywhere you get it (other than perhaps some of the ones on E-bay) would be the latest version.

MetroGuide USA was updated in the fall. It has a updated copy of MapSource (the program) with it, but the product name really refers to the type and detail of the data.

While I would love to see the map data updated regularly, it's not _that_ time sensitive. MapSource (the program) is updated quite often (every 2-3 months) to fix bugs, add features, etc. You can update the program independently of the data. MapSource is currently at version 4.08, where the one on the MetroGuide USA CD is version 4.01. There aren't any sweeping changes in MapSource from 4.01 to 4.08, but it's definitely has some useful features.

-E

--

N35°32.981 W98°34.631