How do I talk to my e-trex ???

Guest TheUnreal

Guest TheUnreal

I am trying to programm some software for the Gamin e-trex wich apperently can link to a PC serial port...

Garmin is also so nice as to give the specifications of their Garmin-Protocol to anybody who is interested.

The only problem now is: I cannot find the e-trex's specifications in there...

What protocols do I use to talk to it ???

Guest Moss Trooper

Unreal..

Try Gps utility http://www.gpsu.co.uk/

I use the registered version, it reads Autoroute 2001 files directly and any stops on a route are taken as waypoints. The un registered version has limitations but you will get a good idea of the software

I have just checked and the eTrex is listed in the supported Garmin units. icon_biggrin.gif

Moss

Guest Moss Trooper

Unreal..

Try Gps utility http://www.gpsu.co.uk/

I use the registered version, it reads Autoroute 2001 files directly and any stops on a route are taken as waypoints. The un registered version has limitations but you will get a good idea of the software

I have just checked and the eTrex is listed in the supported Garmin units. icon_biggrin.gif

Moss

Guest TheUnreal

Sorry if I was understood wrong....

I whant to programm some software myself, ad I am not sure what communication protocols to use, since the e-trex is not discribed in the documentation of the Garmin communication protocol...

Guest TheUnreal

No I will not make my software shareware, instead I will put it under the GNU public license (If it ever gets reasonably useable). This means that not only is the software free, you also get the source. The only thing is that nobody is allowed to sell it. And anybody who makes an upgrade must quote the original author.