Casio GPS Watch?

Insp Gadget

I have no idea. But while I was waiting to see the doctor the other day I was reading Time Magazine and there was a little sidebar quoting some science-dude that GPS and wireless technology has come so far they'll be able to put it in a set of car keygs in five years. He claimed you could lose your keys and log on to the web to find out where they are.

It didn't go into much more detail than that and it wasn't clear if he was simply trying to make a point -- but I found myself thinking, "Wow!"

I believe the article itself was about the issue of personal privacy and the fact that newer phones and tech-devices can be used to track individuals' locations.

Jolly R. Blackburn

http://kenzerco.com

"Never declare war on a man who buys his ink by the gallon."

I played with one of the Casio's when they came out ... two things ... MASSIVE BATTERY USEAGE ... and UNBELIEVEABLY LONG AQUISTION TIMES ... I owned one only long enough to send back under the return policy date. Loved the idea ... met my gadget dependency needs ... but fell short of my expectations.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Co-founder of the "NC/VA GEO-HOG ASSOCIATION"

... when you absolutely have to find it first!

There are trade offs for size and wearing on your wrist .. and IMHO ... not worth it. More like one of those good ideas that just don't quite make it over the fence.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Co-founder of the "NC/VA GEO-HOG ASSOCIATION"

... when you absolutely have to find it first!

Its an emergency watch

I can see it being a real life saver if you do a lot of cross country venturing far from civilization, or say, a deap sea fisherman. This could be your last resort if you are stranded somewhere and don't have primary GPS system available.

Just give the coast guard your coordinates (assuming you have a radio icon_rolleyes.gif) and voila... you are out of there.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Garmin Vista

Using Opera 7.1