Max Speed

KSJohn

Is it just me or has anyone else had trouble with the Max speed on their Vista?? I leave mine plugged in at all times in my pickup. Went to reset the trip computer the other day and it was showing 166 mph top speed. Reset a few days later and it was showing 142. No one but myself drove the vehicle between times and I can guarantee that I was no where close to this speed.

Max speed can be way off if you have had reception problems. Your GPS might place you at a location a few hundred feet from where you really are, then get a better sat signal and "move" you there. The GPS sees you as moving those few hunderd feet in a second...pretty fast top speed.

homer.gif

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand."

quote:
Is it just me or has anyone else had trouble with the Max speed on their Vista?? I leave mine plugged in at all times in my pickup. Went to reset the trip computer the other day and it was showing 166 mph top speed. Reset a few days later and it was showing 142. No one but myself drove the vehicle between times and I can guarantee that I was no where close to this speed.

Sounds to me like you need to have a long talk with your son/daughter/spouce!

Don't worry, that's nothing that was caused by the upgrade. It has happened on my Vista now and then since I got it, with version 2.18. Now it's 2.41, and it still happens now and then.

My top speed was something like 240000 km/h (sure, it's a Volvo Turbo, but...). Yesterday, it logged max elevation at 29999 meters, which means I was jumping pretty good, since no airplane was involved.

Anders