lowrance globalmap 100

ruderod

Have had mine for about a month - an upgrade from the Explorer also. I was hooking it up to my PC in the basement last night, and it aquired a lock.

Sure do like it...... icon_biggrin.gif

_ __ ____________________________________________________________ __ _

On my first day of school, my parents dropped me off at the wrong nursery -- there I was, surrounded by trees and shrubs.....

Have had mine for about a month - an upgrade from the Explorer also. I was hooking it up to my PC in the basement last night, and it aquired a lock.

Sure do like it...... icon_biggrin.gif

_ __ ____________________________________________________________ __ _

On my first day of school, my parents dropped me off at the wrong nursery -- there I was, surrounded by trees and shrubs.....

I just tried 'gluing' my keypad back on. I've seen countless posts it seems in other forums about keypads falling off, but never paid them any mind. It's now happened to me. Lowrance said to use a silicon adhesive but I found it difficult actually find a product that descibes itself in that way. Figured I needed something that was good for plastic and rubber but flexible after drying. Finally settled on 'plumber's goop' (from Walmart - also available in marine and craftsman goop, but I figure it's the same stuff only for a dollar more). This stuff is harder to apply than corn syrup. My expectations are low. It seems the keypad expands somewhat once the product is applied because I tried 'fitting' it when dry and it was fine but once the goop was applied, I had a hard time tucking the edges in.

Anyone else had better luck?

MajBach

You can't have everything.

where would you put it?

1compass.gif

quote:
Originally posted by GrouseTales:

So, how much does it cost to upgrade an Explorer to a GM 100.

I currently own 2 GM100's and love them.

A friend of mine has an older explorer and would probably be interested in an upgrade.

I guess it depends on how you define upgrade. When I 'upgraded' I bought a new unit, and gave the old one to a hunting buddy. The 'upgrade' cost $180. I think there may be some differences in the display that would stop you from a software type upgrade.