GPS-----GPSr ?

What exactly does GPSr stand for, I have seen it many times but was never able to look at the context of the message to get the meaning.

Sorry for the total newbie question, espically if this is an easy one, in which case I will wait for the answer and then delete the thread icon_biggrin.gif

hahahaha

Thanks in advance

46113_400.jpg

The KGB

guy.gif

"GPS" stands for "Global Positioning System," while "GPSR" stands for "Global Positioning System Receiver." It is technically incorrect to say that you are "holding a GPS" when your eTrex is in your hand, unless you really are carrying a $12 billion constellation of satellites and ground bases in the other. icon_smile.gif

24_700.gif

Originally posted by Moun10Bike:

It is technically incorrect to say that you are "holding a GPS" when your eTrex is in your hand, unless you really are carrying a $12 billion constellation of satellites and ground bases in the other. icon_smile.gif

Now that is funny! I knew it had to be an easy answer. Come to think of it, could you imagine getting ready to for a hunt, load up the car with water, your various equiptment and then giant trailers full of global satellites, that seems like an awful lot of work to get a $0.25 Gumball machine trinket.

Thank you all for the quick responses, I will now refer to my ETrex legend as a GPSr.

I'm still laughing.

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

46113_400.jpg

The KGB

guy.gif

Want to have some fun? Still refer to it as a GPS ... then all the folks that just have to be "technically correct" .... will start this sort of shaking motion and the main vein in their neck will swell and finally ... if they're sufficiently anal retentive ... their head will explode! icon_eek.gif

348_2602.gif