bulk download of cache info

Guest morganw

Guest morganw

I've read a couple of the threads about the bulk download of waypoints (which is something I would really like to see), but what about the other information to accompany the cache? The description is sometimes necessary for location. It would be nice to get this in Palm DOC format, or maybe a PDF. Something that I can use on my handheld. Anyone have some perl that will slurp this stuff down? Right now I have to resort to using Adobe acrobat's web capture.

Guest bunkerdave

The ebst I have been able to do is to copy the data one cache listing at a time, then paste it into the Memo pad utility of my Palm 3c. It works really well, and if you do a new memo for each cache, it alphabetizes them, too. You have to stay on top of it, though, and you will want to check for updates in the listings before you drive too far to hunt them. I have over 150 listings in my PDA, and as you know, the MemoPad does not use much data.

Guest xanthari

I would just like to download everything in a certain area...like say a certain zipcode, or area code, or maybe even a whole state..to my desktop or laptop then transfer it to easygps and make different files to upload to my gps..that way I could load say one section at a time when I am traveling.

..Just a thought.

X.

Guest bunkerdave

I just looked at Peter's instructions in the other thread on this, and can't wait to get home and try it out. Thanks, heaps!

[This message has been edited by bunkerdave (edited 25 July 2001).]