mapping tool survey

tjej

need help finding a mapping tool for use with a palm. What are the most popular one used by this crowd?

Quakemaster? Cetus? USAPhotomaps? GPS Master? OziExplorer? Others?? either feeware, Shareware or commercial ware.

For a somewhat newbie this path (mapping) is very complex. All assistance appreciated.

Tjej

I guess the big question is will MapAdvisor support older/cheaper PDAs. The problem for now is that maps (tiles) take some room in memory and aerial/topo doesn't fit well on screens smaller than 320x320 pixels. So I understand MapAdvisor's intent to target the new PDAs first. Half a year from now this won't be an issue due to natural rotation of PDA population (we all will get our Christmas presents this year, right? :-).

http://www.quakemap.com - redefining Easy...

I have to add my vote for Fugawi. Very easy to Sync your map to the PDA, and when you go off the edge of that map it looks for another one to use. If your PDA supports it, get additional memory because if you download more than a couple maps from your PC, it takes up lotsa space.

Oh, and if you decide on Fugawi, buy it straight from them. I got a copy from Amazon that was an older version, and because they aren't authorized resellers, I had to pay for the upgrade. So I ended up paying about the same as if I bought it from them. Save yourself the headache, buy direct.

DadONine