Knowing where to bike

The plastic thing just to the right of the GPS mount is for a "cyclometer", or ordinary bicycle trip computer. That one I bought long ago, before this kind of GPS units were available. It's rather obsolete, especially considering that the sensor for the cadence is broken anyway.

24148_200.jpg

Anders

Well, Jamie, I never saw that someone commented on my post. That's why it took a while until I answered. Do you realise that the mounting bracket (now excuse me for not knowing exactly what the correct bicycle terms are in English) is clamped around that handle bar, then goes at a 90º angle over the center bar? So the circular clamp is aligned with the direction of travel, while the fixture where the old trip computer is attached is across the travel direction.

Anders

It simply came with that trip computer, when I bought it, to replace the mechanical odometer on the bike. From the beginning, it had one of these things that sit at the hub of the wheel, with a little pin on one of the spokes, hiting a cogwheel on the odometer at each revolution.

That worked too, but my friends teased me and said "If we hear that kind of sound from our bikes, we assume we have a broken spoke". Thinking about it, maybe I can get some kind of revenge now, when I've upgraded to GPS on my bike. icon_wink.gif

Anders