Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
STREETSEAL & G.I. Jane

FREE Mapsource Unlock Codes!!!!!!!

7 posts in this topic

While on Kazaa.com, A peer to peer sharing website, I looked up "MAPS" The search returned

many mapsource program downloads, as well as

many unlock codes for mapsource, and links for formulas for your gpsr serial # for a unlock code specific to your unit. ALL for free???

Any thoughts? The users trash talked garmins pricing, so they were willing to "Share" the codes & Software. LEGIT OR NOT??

The unlock code for City Select is a two phase code. They key it to your GPS's serial number.

Unless you have a universal code of some type, you have junk.

Hmmmm, another thread on stealing software. Let's see how long it takes for this one to be blasted away by the admins.

"The best way to accelerate a Macintosh is at 9.8m/sec/sec."

-Marcus Dolengo

hmmm?

Lets see. Bluechart cost $150 per region which give you 90 NOAA charts. So the charts are $1.67 each. If you get them from NOAA in paper form they cost $16.95. Maybe we should be stealing them from NOAA not Garmin.

A Delorme topo map cost about $30 per state for the paper maps. All fifty states would cost $1,500 yet Garmin only charges $99 or less.

I know this is a little harsh but my point is that electronic maps are a bargain compared to the paper maps that we’ve been buying for years. If we save our money and buy them legit, then we are less likely to copy and give away.

Ducks - Flying, great tasting, geocaches of meat

icon_rolleyes.gifI use MApsource Metro Guide, No unlock codes needed, and I have a pre-programed

bluechart chip for my 176c, no unlock code needed. I guess someone found out the algortherim for the unlock codes and is posting

it. For what garmin charges, we do get a decent

deal compared to paper maps. I paid for mine and love the software, (sometimes)

Discussions of software piracy are not allowed in these forums.

frog.gif Elias