Garmin iQue 3600

JoeyBob, If you do get one please let me know what you think. I wouldn't mind having this mounted in my truck but I don't think it would survive a hike to a cache site. I've dropped icon_redface.gif my SporTrak too many times.

When you got nothin', you got nothin' to lose.

Too bad it's Palm Based though I guess avoiding Windows in any form means less re-boots.

It needs more memory for maps. At a minimum it should have an SD Card slot to cover that though it should have more base memory to boot.

Garmin should also take advantage of the cheap memory on these things to come out with Mapsource "Real Topo's" and have actual USGS topo maps that display on it.

Wherever you go there you are.

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

It needs more memory for maps. At a minimum it should have an SD Card slot to cover that though it should have more base memory to boot.

Garmin should also take advantage of the cheap memory on these things to come out with Mapsource "Real Topo's" and have actual USGS topo maps that display on it.

It does have an SD slot and Garmin pointed out that vendors were announcing cards with 1GB of memory at the same CES show where the iQue was announced.

Also Garmin just announced introduction of 1:24000 scale USGS Topos of National Parks and other recreational areas. They'll be released as three products covering western, central, and eastern US. I haven't seen any map showing details of which areas will be covered yet.