Where's the Notes page - Vista

Cadence

quote:
Originally posted by Cadence (OddTodd & CheleBell):

Does the Vista or any other Garmin GPSr have this?

It varies. My GPS 12 and III+ have comment fields for up to 16 & 20 characters, resp. By default this field has the date/time of creation of the waypoint but it can be changed as desired. My eMap has none, and I think the same is true of the whole eTrex series. The iQue handles waypoints in the Palm address book so you can enter lengthy comments.

I don't know. It's a good question. I have a Vista and if that feature is there I'd like to know it....although...

it won't really matter much. I have "NOTES" with Outlook. Had em' since 1985, the year MS got a copyright. I have used it exactly...uhhh, welll, never. never used it. I intend to however, really, I do. - JamesJM

Sorry it doesn't have it.

While I was out caching with a fellow that uses a Rino He showed me the "Notes" area. I was jealous (nuff said)!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Nobody can be so amusingly arrogant as a young man who has just discovered an old idea and thinks it is his own.

Sydney J. Harris

The fool who knows he is a fool is for that reason very wise. The fool who thinks himself wise is the greatest fool of all.

Shakyamuni

Thanks everyone for their responses...

Alan2,

Thanks, found the calendar notes area.

I was referring to the Notes section in each and every waypoint that gets populated with the name and placer of the cache.

For instance, my micro that I placed is called Goldwood, and when downloading it through EasyGPS to my Rino, I have a section at the bottom that allows me to see many pages.

1. Time and Date

2. Location with N and W;

3. Direction (from my position to the cache in question.

4. Elevation

5. Notes - shows an editable notes page containing :GOLDWOODBODDTODDCADENCMOUN10GO

it may not be perfect, but CheleBele and I like to 'blind-cache', that is, whereever we are we select Nearest, and go find it. We only hope that the hint is not needed, or we have time for a multi, patience for a micro, paper for a virtual... you get the idea. With the Notes page on the Rino, we can try to remember something about the cache and have a better chance of finding it.

I'm hoping that it's in a future update for the eTrex line.

OddTodd

Cadence

(OddTodd and CheleBell)

FRS2,12GMRS22(WPXD965)