Is this Meridian Case any good? (Neoprene)

CrazyPete, I don't think it will harm your screen. I have been using a SporTrak Pro for some time now in a similar case. I take it out to change batteries. I do try to clean the plastic cover and the screen of abrasives sometimes. BTW, only yesterday I ordered a neo case like the one you linked to. Just access the buttons right through the plastic cover.

I have the same case for my 76S gpsr but I have a clear screen saver from strong engineering.com on the screen so even the plastic cover on the case won't hurt the screen on the gps. I know what you mean though because my cell phone screen has scratches form dirt and dust getting between the screen and the clear plastic on the cover. The screen savers are a good investment if you want to save your screen from scratches.

sidewinder

LOST AND FOUND DEPT.

quote:
Originally posted by CrazyPete:

http://www.thegpsstore.net/detail.asp?product_id=BE300

Just found this case. What I'd really like is a way to use it, without taking it out of the pouch... and not scratching up the display... I'm affraid the plastic "window" is going to do more harm than good.

Any ideas? Thanks

OMG!!! THANK YOU!! icon_biggrin.gif

That is EXACTLY what I have been wanting to get for my Merigreen. I have the Magellan one for my ST Map, and love it. I cant understand why Magellan hasnt offered one for Meridians...

I think I'll be ordering this one....THANX!!

Art

www.yankeetoys.org

www.BudBuilt.com

http://www.ttora-ne.mainpage.net/

tamstan, thanks for the strongengineering.com link. I now have twelve of them... Don't know if you change it from time to time... or what the deal is...but I have them on their way now. :-) Did you have to get all 12 too?

Cracker: Glad I could help. I just ordered one too. If tamstan says that I'll never use some of the protectors... and you have a need let me know, we can split them up or something... I dunno... if you want...

Thanks again, and I'm glad I could help too. icon_smile.gif

Pete

I have been using tht same case for my Meridian Color - it is wonderful, and protects the GPS from static electricity as well. I've not had an unwanted shutdown since I started using it.

I am ordering another for the Meridian Green I just ordered for my daughter and/or wife to use.

DustyJacket

Not all those that wander are lost. But in my case... icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Cracker: Glad I could help. I just ordered one too. If tamstan says that I'll never use some of the protectors... and you have a need let me know, we can split them up or something... I dunno... if you want...

Thanks again, and I'm glad I could help too. icon_smile.gif

Pete

Actually, Pete, I already have a bunch of the screen protectors. Thanx for the offer though!

On a related note, my Mom had her Map330 in her hand, when she slipped and reached out to catch herself on a tree. She ended up planting the screen of the GPS agaisnt the tree with all her weight. She thought she cracked it, but there was just a shallow gouge in the screen protector. I peeled it off, and the screen was fine... icon_smile.gif

Art

www.yankeetoys.org

www.BudBuilt.com

http://www.ttora-ne.mainpage.net/

Cracker...

I feel better about buying them then! They're on the way, along with the Neoprene case. Now all I have to do is grab the MapSend (I think I'm going with the Topo... I have no real need for the "places of interest"... and a SD card. The 512 card is soooo much more money than the 256 card... I'm on the fence. On what to do...

If anyone else has a need for some of these screen covers... let me know we can work something out. icon_smile.gif

Pete

quote:

If anyone else has a need for some of these screen covers... let me know we can work something out. icon_smile.gif

They make nice cache items...just label a ziplock bag with what GPS they are for. When I ordered mine, they also sent a few assorted protectors which I labeled and left in caches.

homer.gif

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand."

quote:

Cracker...

I feel better about buying them then! They're on the way, along with the Neoprene case. Now all I have to do is grab the MapSend (I think I'm going with the Topo... I have no real need for the "places of interest"... and a SD card. The 512 card is soooo much more money than the 256 card... I'm on the fence. On what to do...

Pete

The 512mb card could hold nearly the entire US. And I really don't think most people need that much maping. So you may be better getting a 256mb card if it is cheaper and your short on cash.

Wyatt W.

The probability of someone watching you is directly proportional to the stupidity of your actions.

Stunod...

That's a really cool idea!

I think that's what I'll do!

I ended up with the 256Meg card and the reader for $77... I couldn't beat it. I know in another couple months the 512 will be cheap. But now I've got everything on the way... icon_smile.gif

Very happy.

Pete

Got my case today. Pretty nice. Not sure how I feel about the Velcro at the bottom. But being able to have it in the Neoprene is very nice. Once the clear film comes in to put on the display... that'll be very good...

Let me know if anyone else got there's and what YOU think of it...

Pete

I already have one, and have ordered a second one.

Once you put a screen protector on your GPS, then the plastic window will "adhere" to the screen protector. To remove the GPS pull the front of the cover/case away from the screen and use the knob on the back to slide the case up and off the GPS. (Otherwise, you'll get frustrated getting the GPS back out.)

The velro on the bottom catches on some things, so be a bit carefull. I've never hung the case from its belt clup.

DustyJacket

Not all those that wander are lost. But in my case... icon_biggrin.gif