I almost press "Enter" in ordering form for my new Meridian Gold

Guest borkamen

Guest borkamen

Hallo GPS experts

I am a total newbie and this is my first post here, but I read this forum for at least 1 month, and I think that MeriGold is right way to go, under few conditions:

1. Since I live in Slovenia (Europe) I cannot use builtin US base map.

I read about downloading europian base map to MAP 330 in Yahoo/MAP330 forum and now I am wondering if it will be posible to do same thing with MeriGold, when EU base map will be availible.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Mapmaster:

"It is scheduled for release at the end of this month."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

end quote

2. Would there be allso somthing like Topo for Europe from where I could download detail maps of my region.

Those are dilemas that I have first to solve, and then press "Buy now" on ordering form of Cyber-Marine.com

Here are some "formulas" which applay for me, just for your information to see how lucky are american consumer, and how rest of us have to suffer !

CyberMarine Price for MeriGold : cca 270 USD

270 + 40 shipp.cost =310 USD

310 * 1,19 (VAT) = 370 USD

370 * 1,29 (Custom) = 477 USD

As you see this is 207 more then you americans pay for it.

And there are SD cards,card reader, cables,maps etc. .. Huhh.

If I had to buy laptop, OziExp, Maps.. it will be to much for me.

Way laptop, you may ask. Well, for moving map display offcorse, because there is no software like "Euro Topo" to download directly to MeriGold SD card

Thanks for any answer

P.S. Sorry for bad language

------------------

Boris Kamensek

Guest borkamen

ill blank spot, and Magellan have not yet decided

that this part exists, as well as other countries behind "iron curtain" which falled

10 years ago.

If somebody have this disk, please check if that region is covered. I send an e-mail

regarding this to Magellan few weeks ago, with no feedback.

Thank you all for reading this post.

Boris

I think there is going to be a Europe verison of the Meridian being released (as well as a *yellow* base model - very cool) You may want to check local suppliers or email Magellan and see if the European version of the Meridian will have Slovenia as part of the base map. Oh, you may want to post to the "All Nations" forum to see if anyone has any leads...

Good luck!

Laurie