Recommendations?

the_patman

Here's the deal. I'm in the market for a GPS unit, but I'm not sure which one would best suit my needs.

For one, I plan to do some Geocaching. So my unit will need to be fairly rugged and waterproof. A screen that's fairly easy to read would be nice.

I also do a lot of driving. I would like a GPS that, when connected to my laptop, would show my position on an onscreen map on the laptop. Large enough that I can see at a glance while driving.

Does anyone have recommendations? Is there a unit that can do these features for a good price?

Most units out now a days can do the things you mentioned. The important thing is to know what your price range is.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Not so sure, Somewhat new Owner Of a Garmin GPS V Received on 10-03-02

quote:
Here's the deal. I'm in the market for a GPS unit, but I'm not sure which one would best suit my needs.

For one, I plan to do some Geocaching. So my unit will need to be fairly rugged and waterproof. A screen that's fairly easy to read would be nice.

I also do a lot of driving. I would like a GPS that, when connected to my laptop, would show my position on an onscreen map on the laptop. Large enough that I can see at a glance while driving.

Does anyone have recommendations? Is there a unit that can do these features for a good price?

My advice to you is to research the new Garmin 72, it is a great unit and easily found under $200. Also research Magellan's sport Trac series, these are also excellent units.