Meridian Platinum Electronic Compass, do you have problems with it?

Marky

Yeah, I've had very odd behavior, like walking along a trail not bouncing or anything like that, and have the compass go 180 on me and not switch back. Some times, I've been unable to get it to switch back even after removing the batteries, replacing them, and then recalibrating. I just don't get it. Right now, I have mine in 'gold' mode (i.e. I turned off the magnetic compass and use the GPS one). It's so much smoother and I can pretty much always tell how to hold the GPS even when I'm stopped because of the sun icon. I've gotten to where I kinda like it the way it is now. icon_cool.gif

--Marky

I ordered a MeriPlat, had it for a few days and couldn't even get it calibrated - it would be off 20 or 30 degrees, but not consistently (i.e., dead on North, 30 degrees off East, 20 degrees off the other way South...). I called Magellan, had them walk me through a more extensive calibration procedure in the hidden menu system, but still didn't get consistent results. Returned it through my vendor for a MeriGold, and have been completely happy without an electronic compass.

-Craig/TeamCNJC

... Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--

I took off through the thorns, chest high, ...