Etrex Reward message

Has anyone ever changed the Personal text screen on the etrex?? I have tried several times with no luck. The software on the etrex is a 209 and it just does not take. I can upload and dload from the Geocaches page but not with the emap or updater any help would be great.

Thanks MickeyDs

icon_rolleyes.gif

The MickeyDs

I have. You have to get a program called MeMap. Once you obtain the program, you download the latest firmware from Garmin for your unit. The software will make the changes necessary before uploading the new firmware to the GPS.

I am at work as I type this, but if someone does not post the link to get the software, I will send it to you when I get home.

Kar

TEAM SHIBBY!!!!

Krs, Kar & Na

Let me add one thing for ya....

Every time they release a new firmware update, you have to go in and make the changes again.

I had edited mine on an earlier firmware update but failed to do it again on the latest release and guess what?

I lost it icon_frown.gif

Although it had my home coords in it, I doubt anyone without a little GPS knowledge would know how to look them up to find my address icon_frown.gif

Kar

TEAM SHIBBY!!!!

Krs, Kar & Na

I changed my messsage with the unit itself, but every so often my unit resats a few things in it, when i download to it. Like the default settings . But now i did it with memap and the unit itself.

--MUST COPY AND PASTE TO URL BAR ---

http://www.geocities.com/johntrotto/images/vista_info_screen_1

http://www.geocities.com/johntrotto/images/vista_info_screen_2

Someone please let me know if the pics work.

[This message was edited by jtice on May 03, 2003 at 12:07 AM.]

icon_smile.gif

Thanks for all the info!

I am still not getting this to work. Here is what i have. E-Trex Camo with 209 software which is the updated version of software. I can change my name and everything it just does not send to GPS.

I go into memap and the software come up filename with tis ext .rgn click on edit setting i edit them and save then its does nothing when i click on ok. If you could help that would be great.

Thnak again

MickeyDs

frog.gif

The MickeyDs

icon_smile.gif

Thanks for all the info!

I am still not getting this to work. Here is what i have. E-Trex Camo with 209 software which is the updated version of software. I can change my name and everything it just does not send to GPS.

I go into memap and the software come up filename with tis ext .rgn click on edit setting i edit them and save then its does nothing when i click on ok. If you could help that would be great.

Thnak again

MickeyDs

frog.gif

The MickeyDs

quote:
Originally posted by Team MickeyDs:

icon_smile.gif

Thanks for all the info!

Thnak again

MickeyDs

frog.gif

The MickeyDs

Sounds like you did change the .rgn file thats the 1st 1/2

now run the .exe that came with the update and it will transfer the .rgn you altered to the GPS

More rules = Less fun!

geocachingdb_button.giftexasgeocaching_sm.gif ntga_button.gif