Which PPC mapping software accepts the .loc?

floopie

Of the major mapping software titles, (Maptech offerings, Navio, CacheDragon, Mapopolis, etc), which can import .loc files directly into the application? Or, is this simply a matter of copying and pasting the contents of the .loc file into your GPS software.

You mean those .loc files that can be downloaded from geocaching.com? CacheDragon can import those. (There are two different .loc formats, the other one is used by the program EasyGPS, it is a completely different format than the geocaching.com .loc format.)

Delorme StreetAtlas Handheld 2004 and importing waypoints.

Delorme says you can't do it. I received a LOC file and removed all data (using notepad) but the waypoint name and coords and placed in

the XMAP Waypoint sent file in the programs files. On the next HotSync the waypoints appeared on the map in my PDA. Only problem is

that it is VERY tedious and labor intensive. Anyone know of a program to do this for me?

quote:
Originally posted by sledgehampster:

Only problem is that it is VERY tedious and labor intensive. Anyone know of a program to do this for me?

If it's anything like XMap HH Street Atlas USA or XMap HH for Topo USA...

GPSBabel will do the trick (and a few dozen others).

It sounds like you're dealing with the Topo USA strain (GPSBabel refers to this one as "xmap" format and the other as "xmapwpt"). This Thread may also help a bit...

alex