Waypoint+

Guest jndery

quote:
Originally posted by jndery:

http://www.tapr.org/~kh2z/Waypoint/

Well, anything coming out of the Tucson Amateur Packet Radio guys (TAPR) cant be half bad (they were a MAJOR driving force behind affordable digital communications via ham radio). That being said, the program looks fairly old and out of date, judging by the copywrite, the model GPSr's supported, and the software suported. Still, it IS from TAPR, so I would be interested how it works out.

quote:
Originally posted by Mopar:

That being said, the program looks fairly old and out of date, judging by the copywrite, the model GPSr's supported, and the software suported. Still, it IS from TAPR, so I would be interested how it works out.

If you have a look at the release history the last update was September 2001 (version 1.8.03 changes to E-Trex support). The E-trex apparently has a changed line of thinking when compared to all previous Garmin units. How the 76 compares to the E-Trex (many diferent models of E-trex) thinking internally I'm not sure.

Waypoint+ does what it's meant to do reasonably well.

Cheers, Kerry.

[This message has been edited by Kerry (edited 01 November 2001).]