Mapping Error

Guest FireballSR

Guest FireballSR

I'm trying to assign a cache waypoint onto a map in Garmin Mapsorce. When I enter the coordinates in the waypoint diag. box and assign a symbol,select show on map,the symbolis placed about 40 map miles to the east.If I move the mouse pointer to approximate position of cache on the map the position coordinates are close to what I entered in diag. box.Just won't put marker in right place. Status bar reads Lat/Lon hddd mm.mmm (wgs84). I'm just trying to get started in this indever as I just read about this in are local paper. Forgot,I have a Garmin III Plus.I thought it would be easier to put waypoint on map,print and download to gps unit.Entering waypoint in the III Plus manually puts waypoint in right place.Seeking help.

Guest bubba232

40 miles!? Wow, I've had problems with the Garmin mapsource, house is located about 550ft off (three blocks away!).

The only thing I can think of is just to make sure your synching the same Datum. wgs84 on map equals wgs84 on gps.

Also, if your familiar with UTM, give that a try. I could never understand those dadgum minutes. icon_wink.gif

Good Luck

Steve

Guest bubba232

40 miles!? Wow, I've had problems with the Garmin mapsource, house is located about 550ft off (three blocks away!).

The only thing I can think of is just to make sure your synching the same Datum. wgs84 on map equals wgs84 on gps.

Also, if your familiar with UTM, give that a try. I could never understand those dadgum minutes. icon_wink.gif

Good Luck

Steve