Meridian Color

umc

I am a V owner myself but have been having problems with my V so I'm waiting on a new unit to see if I got a lemon the first time. If the second works the same way, I'm gone and more than likely off to a Merdian. I saw the Color model was out (DrDoug told me) and had wondered if anyone else has seen these yet.

Heres the link: Meridian Color

______________________________________________________________________________________

Not so sure, Somewhat new Owner Of a Garmin GPS V Received on 10-03-02

Search out and read the previous threads about the color before you go out and buy one. Unless you had something wrong with your previous unit, there is no way you'll be getting the upper hand buy swapping a V for a color Meridian! What sorts of problems were you having? I have owned my V for over a year now, and wouldn't trade it for any receiver out there! (and I sell them all)

"Never take a sunset for granted. Stop what you are doing and enjoy it. You never know when it may be your last"

Thats the thing, I have been having all sorts of problems with my current V and think its a lemon. I'm waiting on the new one to come it. I have a couple of threads floating around in this forum where it was discussed in great detail such as this one; Took the Plunge Today

To sum it up. I am always losing lock and it keeps me going in the wrong direction, ie; I get to within a few feet of the cache (so it tells me) then all of a sudden the V says its 100' in the opposite direction. So those two things have been driving me nuts.

______________________________________________________________________________________

umc...HERE'S your link to the review of the Meridian Color.

I have a Platinum and wouldn't upgrade to a color at the current price. Plus, the reviews say the screen is hard to read in bright daylight and it eats batteries.

If you decide to get away from the V, I would recommend the Platinum...and see Harmony Computers for a good deal...currently $239

homer.gif

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand."

Thanks for the link. I don't think I would go with the color either but the Plat yes. We will soon see how the new V works out. I just posted about the color meridian because I wasn't sure if anyone had seen it yet. Guess I'm late to the game and should have done a search. Oh well

I don't know, umc, the resolution on that color map pic on that link is pretty bad, I think.

I'd much rather have my GPSMAP76 resolution and not have color.

If your V ISN'T bad, what makes you think a Magellan unit will work any better? Just curious, because they use the same antenna design.

For what it's worth, my old V, my SPIII, my GPSMAP76 and my son's Legend have NEVER said I was a few feet off and then jumped to 100 feet off. EVER. So I think you may have a bad unit afterall.

guy.gif

cvcth.jpg

Yeah, I really hope I do (have a bad V). I need an end to this bs. I'm sick of testing and waiting and testing and waiting. I wouldn't switch to color and agree that the 5 pixel res on the magellans sucks but who knows. We will see.