GARMIN V & METROGUIDE USA

I just recieved the Metroguide software for my V. Just want to know if any one that is using the same has any points or suggestions on how they work together.

Do you need to turn off Metroguide, so topo will work out on a cache hunt?

Any help would be great.

Quad

You hide it and I'll try and find it. GARMIN V guy.gif

quote:
Originally posted by QUAD EXPLORER:

I just recieved the Metroguide software for my V. Just want to know if any one that is using the same has any points or suggestions on how they work together.

One thing that you should be aware of between MetroGuide and CitySelect is that one-way streets are two-way streets as far as MetroGuide is concerned. I took a trip across town this past weekend to Balboa Island/Balboa Peninsula in Newport Beach, CA. There are many one-way streets in this area and auto-routing (before my actual trip) using MetroGuide created a route going the wrong way on these one-way streets...City Select knew the correct orientation of these streets and guided me correctly. icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by QUAD EXPLORER:

One thing that you should be aware of between MetroGuide and CitySelect is that one-way streets are two-way streets as far as MetroGuide is concerned. I took a trip across town this past weekend to Balboa Island/Balboa Peninsula in Newport Beach, CA. There are many one-way streets in this area and auto-routing (before my actual trip) using MetroGuide created a route going the wrong way on these one-way streets...City Select knew the correct orientation of these streets and guided me correctly. icon_biggrin.gif

I think that I remember someone saying a long time ago that there is a built-in heirarchy to the mapsets, and that the topo maps are at the bottom of it. Supposedly, if looking at a spot on the screen covered by multiple mapsets, the topos are "covered" by the others and don't display.

Regardless of whether or not that is true, I would advise you to turn off Metroguide if you want to use the topo maps at the same time. I haven't tried to display multiple mapsets at once in my GPS V yet, but on previous GPSRs I got really weird combos of the two maps (like elevation values showing through and displaying on top of Roads & Rec data).

SergZak is right on with regard to one-way street routing in Metroguide vs. City Select. Unfortunately, City Select only has coverage in major metropolitan centers. The good thing about Metroguide is that its coverage is comparable to R&R.

I think that you'll really love Metroguide. I'm betting that City Select doesn't have decent coverage in Klamath Falls, and you'll fall in love with the routing abilities it will give you in the area! (Just watch out for those one-ways!)

24_700.gif