cache placement

Guest rickey

Guest tenseven

As my dad used to say when we found a good fishing hole...put an "x" on the water. Little did he know that one day you could actually do it. Of all the geocaching stuff I've read, I have never heard of one in water. I'm guessing that you mean under water and not just a stream or creek. It would be a 5/5 rating for sure having to use scuba gear.

Yup. I placed this on Laborday.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=6857

I don't want to give away too much, but it is in a tidal marsh area and may only be accessable during low tide, reducing the odds of someone in a jetski or powerboat from getting there. But if you wait too long into low tide, you'll be stuck in the mud. hehehe Oh, and you have to figure out where you can *legally* park and launch a kayak, canoe or rowboat. Despite all that, somebody found it 2 days later! :^)

Guest brokenwing

I just did a quick search of the forums for "underwater" and see that type of cache has been discussed quite a lot. Click here to see that. I saw several underwater caches mentioned. Some were: this one, this one, and this one that may be the red sea cache Jeremy mentioned.

By the way, in the future you might be better served to post questions like this in the "General Geocaching Questions" forum. It gets much more activity and seems more appropriate for your question.

Take care,

brokenwing

------------------

http://www.cordianet.com/geocaching