Question about Mapsource and the GPSV...

I just found out about the program Mapdekode which apparently allows you to modify Garmin mapsets for your own use. I know very little about it other than the website below.

And to be honest, I'm not sure of the legality of something like this but if the purpose is to modify legal copies of maps you own to suit your own personal needs I don't see the harm. If this isn't the case, then I apologize for posting it here.

But I do have a sincere question.

Information on the program can be found at;

http://www.gpstm.com/eng/dekode_eng.htm

Here's my question. Has anyone used it? I'm wondering if this might be a way to strip City Select of it's POI data in order to make them smaller in size so I can load more maps into my GPSV. That's really my only interest in the program. As it is I can only get the city of Chicago and a few outlying areas in my GPS whereas the OLD version of City Select allowed me to get most on Northern ILLinois.

Jolly R. Blackburn

http://kenzerco.com

Well Jolly, can't say that I've checked it out yet, but I will. It looks like it solves a real need. And to be blunt. I really don't give a rats *** (that is such a nice phrase) about what software license came with my GPS. It's my GPS that I own and can use or destroy as I see fit for my particular purpose. At least my pocket knife doesn't come with a shrink wrap license agreemnt. "We do not warrant that this knife will cut anything, nor can you transfer it to your kids as a family heirloom. If you buy an upgraded knife you must destroy all old versions of the kife".

Um.. Enough rant.

Thanks for the link.

Wherever you go there you are.