MapSource Topo Maps Question

I am looking for MapSource 1:24k topo maps for my eTrex Vista, but all I can seem to find at that scale are National Parks maps.

I am specifically looking for maps of Pennsylvania, Maryland, and perhaps Western/Upstate New York, but can't seem to find them. icon_frown.gif

Two questions... 1) Do these maps exist, and 2) Is 1:24k ncessarry? Can I get by with 1:100k, or will the lack of detail be noticable? Thanks!

"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice." - Native American proverb

1) No, there are no MapSource 1:24000 maps other than the Nat'l Park & recreation areas - and currently only the western states version of that has been released.

2) The lack of detail of 1:100000 vs. 1:24000 is very noticeable (check Garmin's MapViewer). However, 1:100000 can frequently be adequate. If I have the paper 1:24000 series in my pack and the 1:100000 series on the GPS then usually the paper maps stay in my pack. But it's nice to know that the more detailed maps are there just in case.