teamGPS Delivery Runaround

dcolbyus

Horrible service. Tell me, why is overnight shipping important when you don't know what day it will ship.

They also "gave me the runaround" on the status of my order.

I cancelled (but will be checking my credit card bill) and ordered from GPSDiscount. Order confirmation in 30 seconds. Ship confirmation in 20 minutes. Wow.

And it was only about ~$8 difference.

Thanks you GPSDiscount. And because this is a family site, I won't tell you TeamGPS what you can do with that external antenna.

I ordered my Rino last week and the site kept saying that order was pending even after they charged my bank account. Good luck reachig somebody. First they told me they were in stock, then it was that they were previously backordered and that they were getting shipped in the order that they were placed, then it was its taking approx 7 days to even start shipping. Oh BTW good luck even getting them to respond. I sent them an email here is what I got-

Reply from Team GPS.

Thank you for your email. How can I help you?

----- Original Message -----

To: 'customerservice@teamgps.com'

Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 4:27 AM

Subject: Order Status

Checking on Shipping status.

Order Number: XXXXXX

Email: ctwilley@XXXXXXX.com

Funds have been transferred from my bank to teamgps on 02/11/03.

Notice I told them what they could help me with in the first place. Needless to say I cancelled my order, Went to the Local Galyan and bought a Display for 15% off then mailed letter off to BBB in Riverside CA for both TEAMGPS and Clearly-Wireless (which handles the ecommerce part)

I am now just wondering if they are going to charg me the 15% resocking fee they charge on returns. It be funny if they do because it never shipped in the first place.

We needs a Buyer Beware Area for all of us newbies to come to and see this kind of stuff.

just my .02

quote:
Originally posted by BletchleyPark:

"...I wonder if the site could list the major GPSr vendors and have us post our experiences in dealing with them? This might help guide folks away from the lees desireable outfits..."

Perhaps something similar to the feedback rating system used on eBay?

GPS vendors would be listed, and registered users of GeoCaching.com could both submit and access feedback comments and scores based on personal experiences with those same vendors. Over time, the cumulative (average) rating for each vendor would provide a quick and easy indication of who to use and who to avoid.

ontario1.gif