How do I get the GPS V into my RAM mount???

I just got the 4 inch windshield RAM mount. It came with lots of pics of other mounts, but no directions. Tried slipping it in from the side, but that was taking *way* too much pushing (of my brand new GPSR) for my comfort and the unit basically got stuck half way in. It didn't seem to really want to push in from the front either.

I figure the part that actually holds the GPSR is probably the same for all the RAM GPS V mounts. The longer central retaining arm looks like it should go on top, right?

Thanks for any help (and for not laughing icon_biggrin.gif )...

I have of those for my III+. try this: put the bottom in first and push the top into position whilst bending the top of the mount out of the way to reduce the amount of pressure. let me know......

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

What is the price of experience, do men buy it for a song,

Or wisdom for a dance in the street.................

Here is how I do it (the instructions presume your Garmin is set to a horizontal or landscape screen mode):

I lift up slightly on the upper "clamp" or "retaining finger" of the RAM cradle to spread out the opening slightly.

I insert the V Screen down into the mount, centered left to right, careful not to bang the screen on the lower part of the "cradle" while sliding it in.

I I apply just a bit more upwards pressure on the upper clamp and rotate the V to face correctly forward (screen outward) in the mount.

A picture would be worth a thousand words, but I hope you can visualize what I am talking about. it works well, especially when the RAM is already secured to something. It is a bit harder and requires a touch of dexterity when the RAM isn't mounted to anything.

[This message was edited by Gliderguy on June 08, 2002 at 10:16 AM.]

Yeah, it's now tucked in the mount safe and sound. I was just a little nervous about pushing that hard on either the mount or the GPSR (both brand spankin' new), but once you two indicated that it was normal for it to require a bit of effort, I went for it.

Drove around town with it today. Man...talk about cool! I've got Tues and Wed off next week so I'm hoping to find my first cache then.

thanks again

Eric

With the grip those RAM mounts have, it makes you wonder what they think you’ll be doing with your V. Seems like overkill to me.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

What is the price of experience, do men buy it for a song,

Or wisdom for a dance in the street.................