How do I change the DATE on my Garmin ETREX?

Its 61 years, 3 months and 1 day behind the actual date. Today it says 10-Sep-41.

I've checked the book several times and if the answer is there, I'm sure not seeing it.

Anyone else have this problem? I'm sure it must be some simple little thing I'm just not finding.

Can anyone HELP me? icon_confused.gif

It downloads the time from the satellites, that's the way GPS works after all, by comparing the time signals of satellites for which it knows the orbits.

I had this problem when I first got my legend. The problem is (apparently) that when the almanac was downloaded from the satellites it got corrupted, and that causes a date offset. The almanac won't expire for something like 6 months, so until then, you will have the problem. What you need to do is a master reset on the unit, and that will force it to download the almanac again. However, you will lose all stored waypoints, tracks, routes, etc. (Strangely, you don't lose loaded maps).

You can read garmin's FAQ on it here:

http://www.garmin.com/support/faqs/60.html

-- Mitch