Garmin V 2.04 firmware posted

http://www.easygps.com/beta.asp fixes the EasyGPS problem. (Or, as I like to call it, the Garmin V 2.03 problem...)

Direct link to the Garmin V update:

http://www.garmin.com/products/gps5/download.html

Changes made from version 2.03 to 2.04:

Corrected lockup when processing routes that contained more than 20 via points.

Improved error-checking process on saved routes.

Increased max number of via points to 100.

Corrected turn arrow operation on map page while navigating a TracBack route.

Corrected lockup on Fuel Usage page when metric units for distance & speed is selected.

--

Dan Foster

TopoGrafix: GPS Software, Waypoints, and Maps

http://www.topografix.com/

After upgarding to version 2.04 on my Garmin V my GPS locked up several times yesterday while navigating a route. It took several re-boots, cancelling the current route and creating a new route to get it back up and running. On one reboot it gave the error "Not enough memory to calculate route!".... If this happens again I think I will go back to 2.02. Anyone else with this problem?

Gunther, sorry to hear that you had problems with 2.04, Garmin should be very concerned, to have released 2.04 so close to the release of 2.03 means they are having problems. I sent my unit to them for warranty repair of the beeper tone. It left me with ver 2.02, came back with ver 2.03, and 2.04 was released the day I got it back. They are a good company and I am confident in the end they will straighten this thing out, ver 2.99?

quote:
Originally posted by Gunther:

After upgarding to version 2.04 on my Garmin V my GPS locked up several times yesterday while navigating a route. It took several re-boots, cancelling the current route and creating a new route to get it back up and running. On one reboot it gave the error "Not enough memory to calculate route!".... If this happens again I think I will go back to 2.02. Anyone else with this problem?

Interesting, I had very simliar problems with 2.03, and downgraded back to 2.02. Then they released 2.04, I gave 2.04 a pretty hard pounding today and yesterday and it performed flawlessly.

I could make 2.03 lock-up VERY easily, and never had problems with 2.02.

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

No Go. It crashes Easy GPS, and National Geographic Topo can only import Tracks and Points related to tracks. 2.04 is a bust.

I have NG Topo. I'm glad I waited to upgrade. Tks for the info. (Can't stand new software or ticks).

Alan icon_frown.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

No Go. It crashes Easy GPS, and National Geographic Topo can only import Tracks and Points related to tracks. 2.04 is a bust.

I have NG Topo. I'm glad I waited to upgrade. Tks for the info. (Can't stand new software or ticks).

Alan icon_frown.gif