Converting miles to feet on Garmin 12xl

Guest carrollj

Guest carrollj

Does any one know how to change the distants (miles to feet) on a Garmin 12xl. I use my gps for Ag. use and need the feet to calculate area of a field not percent of miles. Thanks for any help.

Guest carrollj

I was hoping that I could change something in the reciever, The GPS reciever displays in tenths of a mile and I was hoping it would displayed in feet so I could calculate a more accurate number to compute the area of a field. Thanks

I have a Magellan 315, but when I bought it, it was running version 3.07 firmware and it only showed down to .1 mile... after updating it to the newest version (3.14), it showed distance in feet.

Are you up-to-date (I don't know how it works with the Garmins, just a suggestion.)

Guest Team JackQuest

I don't think the 12XL supports feet units or I haven't found how to change it yet. I do remember somewhere on another thread that if you change over to metric you can get smaller units. I haven't tried that, I'm usually looking for the hiding place when I get to .01-.00 mile point.

------------------

TEAM JackQuest (8H/11F)

Jack & Cyber

www.jackquest.com

Base Camp N 40° 20.268' W 75° 37.969' (WGS84)