The detour feature is awesome!

I had to go to the market today so I decided to bring the G5 with me. On the way back, I decided to take the back way to my house when I came upon road construction on the street... I had never used the detour function on the G5 before so I thought this would be good practice. Before I even got close to the work site, it had planned another route for me that was completely accurate! The distances were all precise and the route made sense. This is one smart little gps. icon_cool.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------

N38 49.027 W120 01.064

Garmin V

How did it know that there was a detour at that time??

quote:
Originally posted by volks_ev71:

I had to go to the market today so I decided to bring the G5 with me. On the way back, I decided to take the back way to my house when I came upon road construction on the street... I had never used the detour function on the G5 before so I thought this would be good practice. Before I even got close to the work site, it had planned another route for me that was completely accurate! The distances were all precise and the route made sense. This is one smart little gps. icon_cool.gif

N38 49.027 W120 01.064

http://www.garmin.com/products/gps5/

It doesn't... you must tell the GPS that you want to detour. The menu on the route page has an option for "detour". Hit that and it asks you how long of a detour you want... I hit "2 miles" and it planned a new route that ended up about 2 miles up from where I detoured from on the same road! It was soo cool!

N38 49.027 W120 01.064

Garmin V

[This message was edited by volks_ev71 on August 15, 2003 at 12:28 PM.]

So Powerfull and only $153 a bottle

Not for casual dieters.......OOPS Wrong board

------------------------------------------------

Yes the GPS V is an excellent performer in a small package. I N33D TO LEARN how to use the detour feature, sounds good. It is such a good performer, that I have 2 of the GPS V units. I can compare different things, like antennas, with 2 indentical units. If there is a problem with one unit, I can compare it to the other one, to see if it is a firmware issue also. I use one on foot, and the other while driving. The older beatup one is used while on foot. On long trips, I can use both for driving, because they do have limited memory.

--------------------------------------------------

My Old posts as Geoffrey

My Current Post as GOT GPS?

My profile

My Home Page about what is GPS