GPSsuit from body glove for eTrex Legend?

Guest bridaw

Guest bridaw

Anyone own the GPSsuit from Body Glove? Anyone use it on a Legend with the clickstick? Looking for feedback on this case.

I saw a couple reviews on the web that rated it average... buttons didn't fit well and had to cut up case to fit click stick. I want to protect the unit but I want a clean tight fit. I do not want to buy a case only to cut it up in order to make it fit the Legend. Thanks in advance.

------------------

Brian & Terry

San Diego, CA

Guest Prime Suspect

quote:
Originally posted by bridaw:

Anyone own the GPSsuit from Body Glove? Anyone use it on a Legend with the clickstick? Looking for feedback on this case.

Does Body Glove still make these? Last time I looked, they had pulled any mention of them from their website.

Guest bridaw

quote:
Originally posted by Prime Suspect:

Does Body Glove still make these? Last time I looked, they had pulled any mention of them from their website.

I am not sure if they still make them but I found at least a dozen places on the web that sell them still.

You can also spot them on eBay auctions as well as the Garmin eTrex case. I now have a bid on the Garmin version.

Still curious if anyone likes the Body Glove version.

------------------

Brian & Terry

San Diego, CA

Guest Growley

Just to give you my two cents worth; when I had my Legend I got the Garmin case/glove and have these few comments. The case is very well made and I believe will stand up quite well to the environment. One problem though, if you get the Garmin case you will have to practice operating the "click stick". There is no modification to the case for the stick and you will definately need to get a feel for operating it through the case/glove. Otherwise, it will definately protect your Legend.

Guest Prime Suspect

quote:
Originally posted by Growley:

Just to give you my two cents worth; when I had my Legend I got the Garmin case/glove and have these few comments. The case is very well made and I believe will stand up quite well to the environment. One problem though, if you get the Garmin case you will have to practice operating the "click stick". There is no modification to the case for the stick and you will definately need to get a feel for operating it through the case/glove. Otherwise, it will definately protect your Legend.

These have been discontinued. Besides the lack of a click-stick hole, some units had a defect which could allow the belt hook to come loose, causing the GPS to fall off.

Avoid this one.

Guest xsintrik

R>There is a garmin suit for the e-trex "joystick" series....

I haven't seen these yet, where did you find them?

I use the standard eTrex case and punched a hole in it for the click stick. Still doesn't work very well but better than trying to use it without the hole.

------------------

xsintrik

quote:

I haven't seen these yet, where did you find them?

I ended up getting the new case from www.selectzone.com for $11. The old one with no joystick hole is no longer carried by Garmin but retailers still have them.

http://www.selectzone.com/cgi-bin/shopper.exe?preadd=action&key=G0101031400 This page at Selectzone has a nice picture, the only one I could find at any site.

------------------

Brian & Terry

San Diego, CA

[This message has been edited by bridaw (edited 03 September 2001).]

Guest dubblbubbl

I bought one at a local map shop. It was 7.95 compared to 15+ for the Garmin version. I cut a hole for the 'click stik' using a razor blade and a small block of wood.

I am satisfied with the results and the unit is pretty well protected, although it does degrade weak signals somewhat. But for carry protection it works fine for me. I only wish the belt clip was a little sturdier. It's pretty sturdy, but I'm thinking a metal clip would be better.

I bought one of the body glove suits at Office Depot, where thay had them on clearance. If you have a store in your area, check the clearance section in the back of the building. stuff moves out of there pretty slowly, so you may still find one. As for the click stick, I just used an exacto knife to cut a hole. It wasn't the easiest thing, being neoprene and all. The result is a case that works moderately well. The click stick is still a bit tricky to use, but without the hole the unit won't function properly due to the stick being held in.

I usually just use my GPS without the case, although I think I should use it more. I've dropped my Legend a couple times, and now the screen will occasionally lose random lines. I think I 've got a lose connection in there. Anyone else have this problem?