Poll: How many GPS unit do you own?

mcb

I don't think this question has been asked yet, not at least as a poll question. So how many GPS units do you presently own? Feel free to answer the poll and then reply with you list of units and what you use them for.

Thanks

mcb

So presently I have four units.

My main unit is a Garmin GPSMAP 76

I have a Garmin eTrex Yellow I carry as a backup.

I also have an old Magellan Trailblazer XL that I use for long term (many day) stationary averaging hooked up to and old 486 laptop.

I also have a busted Garmin 38 that I am trying to bring back to life. No luck yet, but a spark chaser (AKA electrical engineer) friend of mine is taking a stab at it at present.

Later

mcb

I currently have two GPSRs. Garmin GPS V which I bought within the last month. Love it. And an eTrex Legend which the V replaced. I will be selling the Legend very soon either here or on eBay. It's a waste of a perfectly good GPS to keep it sitting here on the desk or to keep it around as a rarely used backup. I might take the money from the Legend and buy an eTrex yellow as a backup, and still have some money left over. I will certainly miss the 11,000+ miles I racked up on the Legend's odometer though. icon_frown.gif It's kind of a badge of geocaching honor.

rdw

I currently have two GPSRs. Garmin GPS V which I bought within the last month. Love it. And an eTrex Legend which the V replaced. I will be selling the Legend very soon either here or on eBay. It's a waste of a perfectly good GPS to keep it sitting here on the desk or to keep it around as a rarely used backup. I might take the money from the Legend and buy an eTrex yellow as a backup, and still have some money left over. I will certainly miss the 11,000+ miles I racked up on the Legend's odometer though. icon_frown.gif It's kind of a badge of geocaching honor.

rdw

quote:
Originally posted by Geoffrey:

I gave my sister a GPS III, and a friend the GPS IIIplus.

Well, I can't be your sister, so .... um.. can I be your friend.

Sold my 12map to my sister. (obviously not the brother you are) and my 76s doesn't get here til apr. (wonder what day - probably the 30th)

Using my fathers GM100, which I have found has it's upsides. I really was impressed with some of its features.

So I guess the answer to the question isn't one of your options. I currently 'own' ZERO!!! ARRRGGGH!

11902_900.gif

GPS V which replaced my Mag315. The V is used for all my caching needs as well as in the car. The M315 has been relegated to backup but is an excellent unit for friends or family to use when they want to try out this sport.

6323_500.gif

Happy Caching, Olar

"if you come to a fork in the trail, take it!"

quote:
Originally posted by Geoffrey:

I have the GPS 315, GPS V, and the Vista.

I gave my sister a GPS III, and a friend the GPS IIIplus.

http://members.aol.com/geoffr524/5_Rubik.gif

Geoffry, Just curious, which of the 3 do you prefer to use. For example, all 3 units on the counter, new batteries in all and you are going on a geocache hunt. Which one would be in your left hand while you are searching?

I have used Magellan 2000XL and 3000XL and an old Garmin (can't remember what model it was). Now I have Benefon ESC! which is a combined cell phone and GPS. It's a neat piece of equipment. Because I almost always carry a cell phone, I now have the GPS with me always too. Maps for the thing can be downloaded from internet. The GPS lacks some of the features that can be found on GPS-only units but they are the kind of things I would rarely need anyway.

Only down side is that the ESC! consumes the battery quite fast. Always have a spare when geocaching :

"a cow and a small rabbit"

I have a GM100, which I just got, and I am giving my Eagle Explorer to a fellow hunter, who I got into geocaching-

_ __ ____________________________________________________________ __ _

On my first day of school, my parents dropped me off at the wrong nursery -- there I was, surrounded by trees and shrubs.....

I currently have 3 models. A Magellan Map 330, a Garmin Etrex, and an old Magellan ColorTRAK. I use the 330 mostly because I'm addicted to WAAS. I also teach navigation as a night course at the local tech school and utilize all 3 along with map and compass for instruction.

I seem to use the GPS V for everything, even though, i have the Vista and the GPS 315.

The Vista is best for runing, jogging, and hiking, but i seem to have a problem carrying several things. I would have to carry the Digital camera, GPS V, Vista, Cache trinkets,cell phone, and the printout of the Geocache with me.

5_Rubik.gif

Sold my Garmin 12cx to my friend Jaxxom. I wanted the Garmin V which is all I use (or need). Autorouting to the area of the cache. Then "offroad" to the cache.

Someones signature says (and I agree) that "one gps will tell you where you are, two gps's and your not sure where you are" or something like that.

nscaler

"Anyone not here, raise your hand!"