Changing datum in new Magellan

Press menu then scroll to setup then enter

look for coord system select primary or secondary press enter and map datum will show

select the one you want displayed on the nav screens i think it goes the same for your unit

as well as mine merigreen [^]

Lee PS the manuel will help you out..

Captain gps needs batteries got any?. Hows the Enterprise

sposed to navigate way out here with out em?

Some minor terminology confusion here. Format and datum are not the same thing. For example, using the WGS84 datum, you can have several formats--how the gps displays the position. Deg and minutes and seconds (DMS), degrees and minutes and tenths of minutes (DM.mm), and degrees and tenths of degrees (DDD.ddd).

don

We looked under primary and secondary, but there wasn't anything that looked like hddd.ddddd.

Is there another name for it or something?

Pardon our extreme ignorance. Anthing remotely "mathy" or scientific scares the crap out of me!! So far everything has been alot easier than I expected!

Gimpygoo

Thanks to Jouko's manual link, I figured it out! The Sportrak Pro manuel is actually better than the Sportrak Map manual which is what I have.

I didn't realize that after the Lon/Lat button was pushed that there was another level of options. Thanks everyone!!

Gimpy