eTrex Vista ship date

Guest bpuetz

Guest Moun10Bike

Whoo-hoo! (I've got one on order.) I've heard April 2nd and April 12th in the last couple of days from various odd sources -- it's nice to have word from Garmin themselves that it will be earlier!

Guest dogpile

Just received an e-mail from Garmin this morning stating that it will be 2-3 weeks before the Vista is shipped to dealers..

Thank you for contacting us,

The Vista has not been shipped for purchase yet. It should be available in

about 2-3 weeks. You will need to use our dealer locator to check and see

who will have them available for purchase at that time ( we do not track on

hand quantities of our products a specific dealer has on hand).

Thats the word for today....03/27/01

Guest Moun10Bike

quote:
Originally posted by dogpile:

Just received an e-mail from Garmin this morning stating that it will be 2-3 weeks before the Vista is shipped to dealers...

Yesterday I received mail from Darrel Goheen at tvnav.com saying that Garmin is shipping the Vistas to him this Friday (3/30), and that he will ship them out to those who pre-ordered them as soon as they arrive. So, there might still be a chance to get them earlier (I hope?).

Guest dogpile

Let's hope your information is more correct than the one I received. I hate this waiting game. The Vista will be my 1st GPS and am getting anxious to get started..thanks for the info on your end.

Guest Mullen

ying that the Vista's are shipping next week. I have been watching that site for the last month and they have accurate and honest on the release dates.

Can't wait for my Vista to show up.

Guest bpuetz

I was just notified that my dealer (www.advancedgps.com) will be shipping the Vista to customers on Wednesday. Finally, I get to find out if I can actually manage to learn how to use one of these beasts.

That's no small challenge either -- in Vietnam I once shrewdly determined that my patrol was some 3 miles into the South China Sea.

Guest Quinnow

quote:
Originally posted by bpuetz:

I was just notified that my dealer (www.advancedgps.com) will be shipping the Vista to customers on Wednesday. Finally, I get to find out if I can actually manage to learn how to use one of these beasts.

That's no small challenge either -- in Vietnam I once shrewdly determined that my patrol was some 3 miles into the South China Sea.

wahhh-hooo...I have some ordered from them too! can't wait to get em! icon_biggrin.gif

------------------

Quinn Stone

Rochester, NY.14616

www.Navicache.com

Guest Quinnow

quote:
Originally posted by bpuetz:

wahhh-hooo...I have some ordered from them too! can't wait to get em! icon_biggrin.gif

------------------

Quinn Stone

Rochester, NY.14616

www.Navicache.com

Guest BobII

GPS City is saying the 4th or 6th for shipping. Sure hope it is the 4th. Would like to have for this weekend if possible. Will be my first GPS also.

Bob

Guest Quinnow

I have been swapping e-mails back and forth with Kim from http://www.advancedgps.com/ and she says that 100 vista's are going out tomorrow, and another 200 are expected to be sent out thursaday or friday (this is shipping to customer not shipping to advanced from Garmin.) I have checked many sites for GPS units and pricing and she seems to have one of the best with the offer of no shipping costs. She has also been very helpful and at the time I was e-mailing with her she did not know of "Geocaching" until I mentioned it, she now intends on taking the family out for a go at the sport.

If any of you guys are new to this sport and are thinking about buying a GPS unit, be sure to check that site out. I know of many people from this board that have bought theres from here as well as I have too!

------------------

Quinn Stone

Rochester, NY.14616

www.Navicache.com

[This message has been edited by Quinnow (edited 04-03-2001).]

Guest IronHelix

I too grabbed a Vista and some accessories from advancedGPS.com. Nice prices... the Vista is $50 less there than most places ($299 vs $350). They claim to be shipping Wed... cant wait.

Guest bsyris

I talked to some of the folks at TVNAV (who are very helpful and courteous) and found out that most preorders won't get filled this week by many retailers.

It seems that when Garmin introduces a new product, their initial shipments to retailers are usually miniscule, with larger amounts shipping a week or two later.

Using the Vista as an example, TVNAV had 120 or so preorders and received 10 units to ship out on Wednesday. They expect more in a week or so.

Bummer.

Guest Quinnow

quote:
Originally posted by Moun10Bike:

Bummer -- I am #29 on the TVNAV list. Next week, I guess -- Quinnow, go easy on us when you brag about your new Vista! icon_smile.gif

Mountain...I am not one to brag at all. I am shocked that you would even think that I would, you should be ashamed of yourself to even have mentioned that!...by the way..NAH-NAH-NA-NAH-NAHHHH! icon_biggrin.gif

------------------

Quinn Stone

Rochester, NY.14616

www.Navicache.com

Guest Quinnow

quote:
Originally posted by Moun10Bike:

Bummer -- I am #29 on the TVNAV list. Next week, I guess -- Quinnow, go easy on us when you brag about your new Vista! icon_smile.gif

Mountain...I am not one to brag at all. I am shocked that you would even think that I would, you should be ashamed of yourself to even have mentioned that!...by the way..NAH-NAH-NA-NAH-NAHHHH! icon_biggrin.gif

------------------

Quinn Stone

Rochester, NY.14616

www.Navicache.com

Guest IronHelix

tee hee hee...

just ripped open the box. First reaction: D*MN this thing is small. GUI is awesome... probably dont need to read the manual at all. Expect a detailed review RSN (real soon now)

Guest Moun10Bike

quote:
Originally posted by IronHelix:

tee hee hee...

just ripped open the box.

Okay, I just spoke to the moderator. He fully agrees with me that no one should be able to talk about their cool new Vistas until mine arrives! icon_wink.gif

Guest Moun10Bike

quote:
Originally posted by IronHelix:

tee hee hee...

just ripped open the box.

Okay, I just spoke to the moderator. He fully agrees with me that no one should be able to talk about their cool new Vistas until mine arrives! icon_wink.gif

Guest BobII

If it makes you feel better Moun10Bike, my vista was shipped on Thursday 2nd day (from GPS City), which means I will probably not receive it until monday. Dang, I wanted it this weekend!!

Guest dogpile

I can't believe the service I received from www.gps4fun.com I ordered my vista from them and was notified that mine would be sent on Wednesday 4 April. I had requested 3 day service, but wanted it for the weekend so I called and changed my delivery method to UPS 2 day so I would have it by Friday. I called to confirm that it was being sent and the saleslady informed me that UPS had forgot to leave a box full of vistas. They called UPS and UPS would not return to deliver them, because Garmin had sent them UPS ground. This delayed that box of Vista's by 1 day. Low and behold I received a phone message from gps4fun and they sent my Vista out next day air with no additional charge. I think I will order acccessories from them again. BTW $299.00 for the Vista was as good as I could find. Anyway it got here Friday and I am still trying to figure out how to use all the features.....I highly recommend this site. (obviously)....

Guest Quinnow

Anton...no there is no recall. Moun10bike was just kidding with me because I have been teasing him about the fact I got mine before him. So everything is fine with the vista!

sorry for the scare icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

------------------

Quinn Stone

Rochester, NY.14616

www.Navicache.com

Guest Quinnow

Anton...no there is no recall. Moun10bike was just kidding with me because I have been teasing him about the fact I got mine before him. So everything is fine with the vista!

sorry for the scare icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

------------------

Quinn Stone

Rochester, NY.14616

www.Navicache.com