Secret menu on Meridian Platinum

Hi,

Just got a meridian Platinum to play around with and I'm trying to find the secret menu. I'd heard it was NAV-GOTO-PWR, but I can't get it to work. BTW, I'm also using a Garmin GPS V, so I hope to have a comparative review sometime soon. One thing I really like about the Platinum so far is that it displays the notes associated with a waypoint whereas the GPS V does not. This is very handy when downloading waypoints (and notes) from EasyGPS the the platinum....the GCxxx designation shows up as well as the name of the cache (in the notes/message window).

Thanks in advance!

Revnine,

GPS V and Meridian Platinum are two units on my list for purchase of my 1st (only) GPS. The other unit is the yet to be released 76S.

You mentioned you may be posting a review of GPSV vs. the Platinum. I would be interested in your opinions of the two units and a comparative strength/weakness discussion.

With the unit turned off, hold both NAV and GOTO. Tap PWR. When you see the secret menu screen, release NAV and GOTO. Use the cursor pad to change the numbers.

Here are the only two that I use:

Menu 03 - Enable/Disable WAAS. I turned mine off

Menu 92 - Select .IMG file to use for mapping. Especially useful if you have both S&D and Topo.

There is a program that will let you change the text of the "lawyer" screen. Let me know if you are interested.

quote:
Originally posted by harrkev:

There is a program that will let you change the text of the "lawyer" screen. Let me know if you are interested.

Yes, please. I've seen the results, but don't have access to the program.

Jeepster

- Road kill on the information highway ...

The program is at the *other* geocaching site...

The program is posted in their forums. Check out this thread...

http://www.navi_nocensor_cache.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi?s=3cb23c0c0495ffff;act=ST;f=35;t=4

This is the latest version. A previous thread contains some interesting discussion on the use of the program. Check here if you have problems.

http://www.navi_nocensor_cache.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi?s=3cb23c0c0495ffff;act=ST;f=35;t=1

In order for this information to make it to this board, I had to alter the URL. In the above links, please remove the "_nocensor_". If I had not done this, then you would NOT be able to read this post.

You will also need to download the latest Meridian firmware directly from the Magellan site.

Have fun! Let me know if you have any quesitons. That program was based on information that I provided.