Good GPS Holder for Car

Guest Ketamine

Guest Ketamine

Hello all. I thought I'd mention a holder I found at none other than Wal-Mart for most GPS units. In my search for a good, sturdy, reasonably priced holder with a large suction cup I was having difficulty. Most I felt were overpriced.

The one listed below sticks to the windshield and has great holding power, if you clean the area well first. Just an FYI for anyone interested.

Wal-Mart

World Wireless

Model 607W

Auto Cellular Phone Holder

$19.95

Guest spike

I picked up a cellphone holder from Wal-Mart for $11. It comes with a smivel mount with adhesive base and a clip that clips onto anu air vent. Taken it through many rough offroading trips and its still holding strong on the vent.

Guest Groves_Trekkers

I splurged and bought a Garmin automotive mount for my etrex yesterday.

I used the "relocatable" adhesive instead of the "permenent" adhesive to mount the thing to my windshield.

Well, today I noticed that the adhesive was starting to let go, so I figured, I'll just go ahead and take advantage of this "relocatable" adhesive and move it to another location on the windshield.

What a mess. The adhesive acted like black bubblegum and stretched out in a huge mess.

Anyone find a better "relocatable" adhesive for this thing?

Thanks,

Jeff G.

quote:
Originally posted by RoyD:

I?ve been using a RAM Mount with the 4? suction cup for several months now with a Garmin MAP-76 Pricey, but rock solid.

I use the same plus I have their bicycle handle adapter attached to my hiking staff. I switch the swivel and GPS hold with the GPS really simply after I get out of the car and start hiking. Kinda neat. Of course you could us their adapter for an actual bike, motorcycle, or other transpotationdevice. You don't need the whole setup each time. Just the final mounting bracket.

The suction cup is nice too as it's easy to switch the whole thing to another car.

Alan