GPS 12 XL is Great !!!

Guest Borneo

Guest Borneo

It is worth to get a GPS 12 XL rather than GPS 76. Even though it has quadrifilar antenna, but still can't beat the 12 XL. If you try to cover both GPS with your hand, all Satellite view on both the GPS will be gone, and after 1 minute, you move your hand away, and seems like 12XL catch the Satellite in a short period only if compare to GPS 76 which need to wait for long period to get back the satellite signal. You also can try it near to a window, and you will find out that 76 has difficulty to accquire Satellite where as 12XL can catch up to at least 4 Satellite. And secondly, you go into the test mode of both 12XL & 76, you will find out that the SGN reading totally different, which 12 XL has at least 16XX or more whereas 76 only has 15xx or even less which I think that the receiving of 12 XL is more sensitive.

Thirdly, GPS76 uses 2 AA batteries. Let's try NI-MH battery. If you use it at night with the light is on, then you will find out that the battery will only last you about an hour or even less on 76. Power consumption too high. 12XL uses 4 AA batteries and I can use it for more than 5 hours with the light is on.

GPS that I recommend are 12XL, 12Map, IIIPlus & Vista.