OK.I Ordered The Summitt?

Guest cali9

After much forum reading I decided to buy the Garmin Summitt model.

I got real confused on what features I really wanted/needed? How easy it might be to use? if I needed maps capability? did I want to wait till April for the new model?..and of course

THE PRICE.

I'm brand spanking new to this GPS thang and I'm anxiously waiting my delivery from

from Cyber Marine web sight....seemed like an excellent price? $220.00 Total tax/mail

well lets hope for the best

a grrl and her dog.

I have the summit too, I was in the same boat as you, not knowing what I wanted, but I am happy so far, the problem is there are so many options, you can go nutty trying to figure it out. I like the internal compass so you can take bearings without moving. The elevation is neat too. Can't tell if it works better than magellan 315. Was finally out in woods this w/e, leafless open woods, it worked great, in open/semiopen fields, works great, real test will be this summer in upstate NY with leaves on the trees in a gully.

I like the graphics too. ;-)

chris

guy without dog. (borrow neighbors when needed)

Guest Quinnow

you live in upstate ny?...where bouts?

quote:
Originally posted by seward:

I have the summit too, I was in the same boat as you, not knowing what I wanted, but I am happy so far, the problem is there are so many options, you can go nutty trying to figure it out. I like the internal compass so you can take bearings without moving. The elevation is neat too. Can't tell if it works better than magellan 315. Was finally out in woods this w/e, leafless open woods, it worked great, in open/semiopen fields, works great, real test will be this summer in upstate NY with leaves on the trees in a gully.

I like the graphics too. ;-)

chris

guy without dog. (borrow neighbors when needed)