Magellan 315 to Meridian upgrade

Guest philipTB

Guest philipTB

I am about to upgrade from a 315 to a Meridian Gold and I have a kinda cheapskate question.

Clearly my 315 mounting brackets are unusable with the new mechanical design but I also have both the PC cable and the PC/Car connector cable. Are these mechanically and electrically compatible with the MeriGold?

Guest ClayJar

quote:
Originally posted by phantom4099:

I have the 300 series data/power cable and it works for the meridian gold. But it probaly will not work in the meridian holding bracket.

I would say that is a correct statement. The pinouts are the same, and the layout it the same, but the form factor is different. The 300-series is slightly curved (doesn't matter) and has "wings" with holes for the two screws (does matter). The Meridian connector pad has no "wings", instead replacing them with a "slotted" connector (if you cut off the "wings" and cut a ring around the connector block, like you wanted to put an O-ring around it while it was screwed into the unit, you'd have the difference).