How can I delete maps?

A while back I sent my Legend into Garmin for repairs from a golfing mishap. Garmin did not fix my unit and send it back, they sent me a different unit that had been refurbished. All of my waypoints, routes and tracks were transferred to the 'new' unit, but they also left a number of topo maps in the texas area loaded from the previous owner. It seems to me that the returned Legend responds much slower to my input, sometimes taking several seconds to register a click with the click stick. I think this is due to the map memory being full.

What I'd like to do is delete the topo maps from the Legend memory. The problem is that I don't own any of the Mapsource CD's to to it with. Is there a way for me to erase these maps?

I'm not lost!

I just don't know where I am.

You can turn the maps off, but you can't delete them.

But they shouldn't be "slowing down" your Legend at all. My son has a Legend and we're constantly uploading different map sets, of all sizes, and I've never noticed anything like that.

Also, make sure you have the most current firmware update. That could make a big difference.

You can delete the maps by going to the Legends download page and downloading the Marine POI database. The downloaded program will replace the topo maps with the 1 MB marine PIO database that comes installed on the Legend.

If the topo maps were the cause of your slowdown, this will fix it. However, I suspect that the unit still has problems.

quote:
Originally posted by Rubberhead:

You can delete the maps by going to the Legends download page and downloading the Marine POI database.

That worked to erase the maps! icon_smile.gif Thanks.

Now I'll see if it still experiences the occasional slow down while I use the click stick.

I'm not lost!

quote:
Originally posted by Rubberhead:

You can delete the maps by going to the Legends download page and downloading the Marine POI database.

That worked to erase the maps! icon_smile.gif Thanks.

Now I'll see if it still experiences the occasional slow down while I use the click stick.

I'm not lost!