Oh oh, now I've done it. . .

I think I'm ph*k'd. I was updating my Mag315 (because I plan to sell it) and all I had was a Meridian cable. So with some aluminum foil in the contacts (the coupling did not fit correctly), I started the upload. Then it stopped for a while. I clicked cancel, it said 'if you do you may corrupt your unit'. I figured, oh well. I cancelled. I CAN NO LONGER USE MY UNIT. ItT just says 'Software Update Mode Active' each time I turn it on. Now, WTF do I do? Anyone know how to do a MAJOR reset? I'm thinking w/o the update as well as the previous version, the unit won't do crap. dadgum, I'm pissed. I shoulda left it as is.

I have heard of 330 and up being fixable when this happens, but I have never heard (its been a while since the last time this has been brought up)of a 315 being fixed without sending it into Thales navigation (magellan).

Wyatt W.

The probability of someone watching you is directly proportional to the stupidity of your actions.

I did a similar thing and during the upgrade I had one of the wires break contact with the back of my 315. I thought the upgrade process was snafu'd and cancelled it, got the same message as you and got the unit back up and then re-upgraded it to the most current version. I am at work right now and don't have the unit in front of me to remember what I did. I think I turned the unit on, removed then reinserted the batteries, which put it into a reset back to when the unit was fresh out of the box and needed initializing. All I can for sure tell you is that I did get the unit back to normal functionality. It was a scary event though!!!!!

GPSr's...A step in the right direction!

I think your situation is diffrent from the authors. Usually the old firmware is deleted and the new is put in (I think, it been a while since I have done an update), appears that your connection failed before the deleteion was started.

Wyatt W.

The probability of someone watching you is directly proportional to the stupidity of your actions.

Well, I got a SporTrak Pro for Christmas, and since the firmware was only at 3.something, I thought it would be a good idea to upgrade the firmware.

MAGUP found the GPSr fine.

MAGUP deleted all the old firmware files fine.

MAGUP locked up at 0% uploading the new firmware.

Now, I have a $270 GPSr that i can get to kinda blink... sometimes. icon_mad.gif

according to an email from http://joe.mehaffey.com , what happened was "... the software is "damaged

but not destroyed" and enough of it is running to prevent you from

getting to the backup software in ROM that will allow you to load. In

such case, you will have to send it back to Magellan for repair ..."

DOH! anybody know how much Magellan/Thales charges for an out-of-warranty repair, and how long it takes? (EBAY, seemed like a good deal.)

Thanks for any help you can give!