MAP330 MapSend uploading problem

Guest bdixson

Guest bdixson

I've been trying to upload new regions to my MAP 330 without success. I have three regions in the memory now. Every time I attempt to load a new region over the old ones I get an error message:

"You are trying to upload regions with total size greater than available memery on your MAP 330."

Now the region I'm attempting to up load is 3537Kbs in size. Now correct me if I'm wrong but that is only 3.5 Mbs, the MAP 330 has an available memory of 8 Mbs.

I've been uploading regions without any problems until now. Uploading a new region should over-write the exsiting regions in memory. What am I doing wrong?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

bdixson

Guest bunkerdave

I wish I had an answer to your problem, but I haven't. I am sure you know what you are doing, and the only thing I can think of to suggest is to clear your memory so that there is nothing that is maybe stuck in the background that might be taking up some RAM. I assume you are sure you are not uploading more than you think you are, i.e., the correct boxes are checked, etc.

I have had some trouble lately up loading waypoints, I get a "Fatal Error - Unable" message. This prompted me to give the EasyGPS a try, and I have to say, it works MUCH better than Magellan's Mapsend upload. Especially in that you can ADD new waypoints to the already existing points in your 330. With Mapsend, every time you upload, it clears out what was already in there, so you have to download what is on the GPS, then add your new ones, then re-upload EVERYTHING again. Not sure which rocket scientist at Magellan came up with that software, but I have never liked it. Anyway, that is my $0.02. Hope you get your problem worked out.

Guest martinp13

I normally remove the previous area before adding a new one to the 330. Haven't had any problems when doing it that way.

------------------

> Martin

Magellan 330 (1.56/WAAS enabled!)

Don't have time to program and record your shows while geocaching? Get a TiVo !